Copper slag as fine aggregate for high performance concrete
aggregate/fine aggregate used in concrete and mortars R R Chavan & D B Kulkarni(2013) has investigated the performance of high strength concrete (HSC) made with copper slag as a fine aggregate …
The concrete mix included ordinary Portland cement, fine aggregate, 10mm coarse aggregate and copper slag. The ratios of copper slag to fine aggregate were 0%, 40% and 80%. Four-8mm diameter high yield steel bars were used as longitudinal reinforcement and 6mm diameter mild steel bars were used as stirrups.
control concrete. Hence Copper slag can be utilized as sand replacement material without affecting the durability properties of concrete. Copper slag can be used as a potential alternative to coarse aggregate/fine aggregate used in concrete and
· Concrete with copper slag fine aggregate, Society of Materials Science, Vol. 49, pp. 1097-1102. Arivalagan. S (2013):Experimental Study on the Flexural Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Beams as Replacement of Copper Slag as Fine Aggregate" Journal of Civil Engineering and Urbanism Volume 3, Issue 4(176-182).
results water-cooled copper slag can be considered to be a suitable candidate for the partial replacement of fine aggregate in concrete. This shows promise for developing an additional viable solution to tackle the issue of copper slag waste. Keywords:
S.K. "Performance of high strength concrete made with copper slag as a fine aggregate", Construction and building materials, Vol.23, pp. 2132-2140, 2009.  Arino, A.M. and Mobasher, B. "Effect of copper slag on the strength, and toughness of cementitious
Study on Glass Fibre Reinforced Concrete with Partial Replacement of Fine Aggregate by Copper Slag I. Hubert Christopher 1, A bhashini 2, K.Shivani Preethi 3, P.Shrilakshmi4, N.Ranjitha5 1 Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, K.Ramakrishan College of Technology,Trichy (Tamilnadu) India ...
· The objective of the present study is to utilize high volume copper slag (i.e. 100%) as a replacement to fine aggregate and partially replacing cement with Nano silica. The work is carried out in two phases. In the first phase, the fine aggregate is replaced with
Cost of Concrete production is reduced when Copper Slag is used as a fine aggregate in concrete. High toughness of Copper Slag contributes to Increased Compressive strength. Due to low water absorption and due to glassy surface of Copper slag
· Copper slag was also used by Ayano et al. as a fine aggregate in concrete. They described the strength, setting time and durability of concrete mixtures made with copper slag. Al-Jabri et al. studied the effect of copper slag (CS) and cement by-pass dust (CBPD) replacements on …
An experimental investigation was conducted to study the effect of using copper slag as a fine aggregate on the properties of cement mortars and concrete. Various mortar and concrete mixtures were prepared with different proportions of copper slag ranging from 0% (for the control mixture) to 100% as fine aggregates replacement.
Fine aggregate and coarse aggregate used was available locally. Copper slag was brought from a dealer in Pune. Along with all the raw materials, to improve the workability of concrete, plastisizers were used. And final raw material i.e. water, normal drinking
6. Replacement of copper slag in fine aggregate reduces the cost of making concrete. REFERENCES  Alnuaimi AS,(2012), "Effects of Copper Slag as a Replacement for Fine Aggregate on the Behavior and Ultimate Strength of Reinforced
(HSC) made with copper slag as a fine aggregate at constant workability and studied the effect. Copper slag can be used as an alternative material for coarse and fine aggregate, since it gives better performance in all the corrosion tests conducted and permeability is …
TY - JOUR T1 - Performance of high strength concrete made with copper slag as a fine aggregate AU - Al-Jabri, Khalifa S. AU - Hisada, Makoto AU - Al-Saidy, Abdullah H. AU - Al-Oraimi, S. K. PY - 2009/6 Y1 - 2009/6 N2 - This research study was conducted ...
Natural river sand was used as the fine aggregate and copper slag is used as its replacement. As per IS: 383-1970 the natural river sand which is well graded and which comes under zone-2 was used as fine aggregate in the mixes. The detail physical
· CONCLUSIONS Copper slag can be used as an alternative to natural sand in concrete. When copper slag(CS) is replaced with equivalent weight because of the fact more mortar is there to surround the aggregate therefore may workability will increase in terms
· Blasted copper slag as fine aggregate in Portland cement concrete. Dos Anjos MAG(1), Sales ATC(2), Andrade N(1). Author information: (1)Department of Civil Engineering, Federal University of Sergipe, CEP 49100-000, São Cristóvão, Sergipe, Brazil.
Use of copper slag in the concrete industry as a replacement for cement and/or ﬁne aggregates can has the beneﬁts of reducing the costs of disposal and helps protecting the environment. A Study on Effective Replacement of Fine Aggregate using Copper Slag ...
i-manager''s Journal on Future Engineering and Technology, i-manager''s Journal on Software Engineering, i-manager''s Journal on Electrical Engineering, i-manager''s Journal on Electronics Engineering, i-manager''s Journal of Educational Technology, i ...
The copper slag has been used for cement material, sand blasting, reclamation and so on. However, most of the copper slag is stacked high as waste since the production exceeds demand. This study on the application of copper slag as fine aggregate for concrete has been started with the expectation of large amounts of consumption.
Use of copper slag in concrete industry as replacement of cement or/and fine aggregates can have the benefit of reducing the costs of disposal and minimising environmental pollution [1,2]. Little research work has been conducted to investigate the potential use
1) Cost of Concrete production is reduced when Copper Slag is used as a fine aggregate in concrete. 2) High toughness of Copper Slag contributes to Increased Compressive
fine aggregate by copper slag, Concretemixes, viz. Conventional concrete mixes with varying percentages of copper slag (10, 20, 30 and 40%) as fine aggregate replacement material were
The concrete was prepared for the M20 grade concrete with partial replacement of fine aggregate by copper slag with various percentages of (0%, 5%, 10%, 20%, 30%, 40% and 50%). The specimens were casted for 7 days, 14 days and 28 days then tested the optimum value which provided the best performance was at 40% addition of copper slag for split tensile strength test.
· Copper slag, in amounts of 20, 40, 60, 80, and 100 percent, was substituted for fine aggregate in cement mortar and concrete. The fineness modulus of the combination of copper slag and fine aggregate was roughly 2.6, the optimum fineness modulus for concrete mix design. At this value, workability was found to be satisfactory with minimal bleeding.
the copper slag can be alternatively used. 3) Vast quantities of copper slag are produced from manufacturing of copper our project we are using the copper slag by replacing natural fine aggregate at different percentage like (0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80
· The behaviour of concrete by partial replacement of fine aggregate with copper slag and cement with GGBS - an experimental study. Int Res J Eng Technol. 2017; 12: 51-56. Shi CJ, Meyer C, Behnood A. Utilization of copper slag in cement and concrete.
properties similar to the fine aggregate, so it can be used as a replacement for fine aggregate in concrete. By the replacement of 40% of copper slag (by weight) as replacement for fine aggregate. And by the replacement of 20% of fly ash (by weight) asKey words:
· 25% addition of copper slag as fine aggregate in concrete gives more strength compare to 30% addition of copper slag as fine aggregate in concrete REFERENCES Khanzadi M, Behnood A. Mechanical properties of high-strength concrete incorporating copper slag as coarse aggregate, Construction Build Mater Vol. 23, Issue 6, Jun. 2009, pp. 2183-2188.
Copper slag and fly ash replaced in the ratio 20%, 40%, 60% and 10%, 20%, 30% by weight of fine aggregate and cement in concrete. This study showed that strength increases with increasing amount of copper slag and fly-ash up to an optimum value, beyond which strength starts to decrease with further addition of copper slag and fly ash.
TY - JOUR T1 - Effect of copper slag as a fine aggregate on the properties of cement mortars and concrete AU - Al-Jabri, Khalifa S. AU - Al-Saidy, Abdullah H. AU - Taha, Ramzi PY - 2011/2 Y1 - 2011/2 N2 - An experimental investigation was conducted to ...
copper slag can be used as a partial replacement for sand as fine aggregate in concrete up to 40% in pavement grade concrete with out any loss of cohesiveness and the compressive and flexural strength of such concretes is about 20% higher than that of conventional cement
The slump test was conducted on fresh concrete for various percentage replacement of fine aggregate with copper slag. Slump values are increasing with increase in percentage of copper slag. The workability increased substantially with the increase of copper slag content in the concrete mixture as shown in fig.4 due to the low water absorption and glassy surface of copper slag compared with sand in concrete.
In this present works, for M30 grade concrete beam copper slag is replaced for sand at0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and silica fume is used as an admixture in concrete. The various concrete workability tests such as slump flow test, T50cm slump flow,V-funnel test, J-
· Copper slag, which is the waste material produced in the extraction process of copper metal in refinery plants, has low cost and its application as a fine aggregate in concrete production reaps many environmental benefits such as waste recycling and solves disposal problems.
strength concrete mortar made with copper slag as fine aggregate. The effects of admixtures made with copper slag has been discussed. 1.2 COPPER SLAG Copper slag is a byproduct obtained the metal smelting and refining of copper. Copper slag used
The fine aggregate used in the study is manufactured sand (M-sand) having a specific gravity of 2.6. The fineness modulus of M-sand was obtained as 2.67 and was found to conform to Zone II. The M-sand grains are of angular shape. Copper slag used in the
In this research, the use of copper slag as a replacement for fine aggregate is investigated. Three slender reinforced concrete columns of 150x150x2500mm were tested for monotonic axial compression load until failure. The concrete mix included ordinary Portland cement, fine aggregate, 10mm coarse aggregate and copper slag.